Download the following files from the IBM Scholars download center under "IBM WebSphere Portal Enable V4.2 for Multiplatforms,"
or copy them from the Portal directory on \\184.108.40.206
NOTE: You must unzip them into a path that does not have spaces! For example,
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents will not work. C:\wps will work.
Reinstalling after a failed installation
If a product fails to install, do the following before you attempt to install again:
- Locate the file vpd.properties and rename it. On Windows systems, this file is usually in c:\WINNT\.
- If an uninstall program is available, run it before reinstalling the product. If the install failed before the uninstall program was created, delete the install directory and all of its contents before reinstalling the product. See the Uninstalling section for more information.
After unziping the files into their own directories, follow these instructions
from the InfoCenter:
Web installation instructions
Download wp42smmp.zip to a temporary directory.
Change to that directory.
Before beginning the installation, refer to:
- WebSphere Portal V4.2 - Enable Install Key
- WebSphere Portal V4.2 - Planning Guide
- WebSphere Portal V4.2 - Documentation
The installation manager prompts you to select the components of the bundle
to be installed. Download the components of this bundle that correspond
with your selections before continuing with the installation. When you
are prompted to insert a disc, point the installation manager to the directory
with the corresponding downloaded and unzipped bundle component.
For example, if you select DB2 (SBCS) for
Windows, the installation manager prompts you to insert Disc 2-1 when it comes
time to install that component of the bundle. Instead of inserting a disc,
click Browse and select the path to the directory with the downloaded and
unzipped files for 06) WebSphere Portal V4.1.1 - DB2 V7.2 for Windows SBCS
(Note: The disc number referenced by the installation manager
appears in parentheses after the product title in the catalog.)